My name is Gabriele Biffi, and Biffuz is my nickname. I live in a town near Milan, in northern Italy. I work as a programmer at an IT consultant company, and I'm a student of Computer Science at the Università degli Studi di Milano. I earned my high school graduate in Electronics and Telecommunications.
Currently, my blog is mostly about my computing skills and self-made software. More stuff is planned.
In computing, my personal or work experience includes:
- Programming languages: C, C++, Objective-C, Java, Pascal, Visual Basic, x86 assembly (application, operating system and drivers development)
- Operating systems: DOS, Microsoft Windows, BeOS/Haiku, Linux, Sun Solaris, Apple Mac OS X
- Embedded and robotics: NQC, MicroChip PIC, Intel 8080
- Office automation: Microsoft Office macros, VBA
- Database: MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, PeopleTools, PL/SQL
- Web development: HTML, XHTML, XML, PHP, CSS (this blog is powered by an engine which I wrote myself)
- Other programs: Paint Shop Pro, CorelDRAW, AutoCAD
I've put all my skills under tests with the development of the first native CAD for Haiku: AtomoCAD, currently in development.
I'm a volunteer in a local EMS non-profit organization, with certificates in ambulance driving, BLS, PBLS, CPR, AED.
I'm a fan of fantasy and science fiction literature, movies, and minifigures painting; I also own a large collection of LEGO toy models from the '80s.